Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Part 2. Walking through Retirement

I have found myself suddenly and unexpectedly - to none more so than myself - being a person who has given a retirement speech, collected the flowers and left the building for the last time.  The reasons for this it seems will forever remain divorced from my knowing; nevertheless I am determined not to be a bitter divorcee.  And so I have embraced this opportunity with both feet and am now launching the non-awaited Part 2 of my blog.  As yet, I don't know how long this episode will last.  Part 1 took me through six months.  This may take me through six weeks, or six years.  Time will tell.

In the interim, I have worked more than full-time for close to six years (there seems to be a recurring theme of six) and consequently made little progress through the Book of Walks.  When I concluded Part 1, I had just completed Walk # 13.  Sadly, in the intervening years, I managed only seven more walks from the book, just slightly more than one per year.  In my defence, I have also recently joined a walking group, and done some walking that way too.  http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-North-South-East-West-Walks-40/  Thank you Bruce.  I tried to do one walk every birthday, taking the day off to celebrate in my own favoured style.  But there never seemed enough extra time to write about those walks.  I was too busy completing them, then walking straight back in the office door.

So Part 2 began yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment