Sunday, March 21, 2010

West Head Excitement

Today I'm off to do Walk 4, to West Head in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. I've been looking forward to it ever since I completed Walk 3, because this isn't just a suburban outing. It's quite some distance north from my home in the inner west of Sydney, and I will actually be in the middle of a beautiful national park, instead of surrounded by civilisation. There are beaches and bush tracks, and no houses.

As it's something of a day excursion, I've had to plan ahead for this one, around my various other time commitments. So having last week identified today as the day, I've been anxiously watching the weather forecast. And when on Saturday, it appeared as though it might rain today, I was truly upset. But although the skies are grey, and perhaps my plans for a swim at one of the isolated beaches might need revising, I think I'll still be able to fulfil most of my planned day of walking, picnicking, reading and rediscovering my life.

Off to put on my walking shoes, with a nod to my friend, the brown snake of Greenwich.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely prose for we slothful with poor priorities to live vicariously through your adventures…

    ReplyDelete